Friday, November 13, 2015

600 Chris Denorfia Bobbleheads Mysteriously Left on San Diego Resident's Doorstep

If I woke up to 600 bobbleheads on my doorstep, I wouldn't question it, I would just add them to my
collection. Yet I know, this would not be the case for everyone, including Philip Jia. When he and his roommates walked outside to hundreds of mysterious boxes piled along their doorstep, they immediately contacted police. Turns out it was only 600 Chris Denorfia Padres bobbleheads. The SDPD said it was definitely the strangest call they had ever received. Nobody knows who dropped off the bobbleheads or why. Jia and his roommates had never even heard of Chris Denorfia, but they are now his biggest fans. They are now using the bobbleheads for dog toys, stacking them along their condo walls, gifting them as Halloween party favors, and giving them away to friends. They have considered selling them, but they don't go for much on eBay, considering Denorfia now plays for the Chicago Cubs.

I am curious about Chris Denorfia's thoughts on this whole debacle. Hey, maybe he was the one who dropped them off? Maybe he was cleaning out his garage and thought that perhaps having 600 of his own bobblehead was a bit excessive? Who knows... We may never know who Bobblehead Santa is... My only peeve about this whole situation--- Why do I have to wait in line for two/three hours for ONE bobblehead, yet these people who don't even like baseball get 600 DELIVERED RIGHT TO THEIR DOORSTEP?! Life can be so unfair sometimes...

News Video of Bobbleheadgate:
http://bcove.me/30x79njn

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Why-Did-600-Padres-Bobbleheads-Appear-Near-a-Residents-Doorstep-347279632.html

Photo: NBC San Diego

No comments :

Post a Comment